It is true that “the money is in the list” but that’s only if you have the right offer to the right audience. So where does one start if they do not have a targeted email list? Here are a few recommendations.
- Choose a market you are familiar with. Getting your message in front of people will require creating content (for best results). This should be an industry that you are comfortable writing and talking about.
- Make sure there is money to be made in that niche. Some niche markets are harder to monetize than others. Once you have chosen your niche, do your research to find products and services that can be sold to your audience. Make sure to know how much the products or services cost and how much you will be paid. This will set you up for success or failure because if there is nothing to sell your list or little to no profit in that market, your time might be best served choosing a more profitable niche.
- Setup an Autoresponder. If you are just getting started, I recommend using Aweber because it is easy to set up and it’s affordable. This is a critical step because this is how you will communicate with your prospects and make affiliate offers.
- Create an Amazing Offer. To attract the right people to your list, you need to show them that you have the ability to solve problems. This is often referred to as an “irresistible free offer” because people will give you their email (and sometimes even their phone number) in exchange for it. This might be a white paper, ebook, or a free consultation.
- Create a simple landing page. When building a list, setting up a simple landing page can often give you great results by allowing you to focus on giving away your “irresistible free offer” and nothing else. I recommend using Lead Pages for this as it integrates well with Aweber.
- Drive targeted visitors to your landing page. One of the best ways to do this is with Facebook ads, assuming your target market is on Facebook. Other tactics include using social media to share related messages while sharing your landing page URL, and also creating video or blog content that links to your landing page.
Think about what you have been doing to build you list and ask yourself where you have fallen short in the process. If you have any questions, please let me know.